Guru Nanak Dev ji was the founder of the Sikh religion. He was born at Talwandi Nankana Sahib(Pakistan) on 20 Oct 1469. Sikhs celebrate a Guru Nanak’s birthday as Guru Nanak Jayanti on the full moon of the Kartik month. Guru Nanak Jayanti is also known as Gurpurab
Guru Angad Dev, 2nd Guru of the Sikhs, was born in Sarae Naga in Mukhtar district of Punjab on March 31, 1504. Guru Nanak Dev chose him as his successor and gave him the name of Angad.
3. Guru Amar Das – Guru from 1552 to 1574
Guru Amar Das Guru Amar Das was the third guru of the Sikhs. He was born on 5 May 1479 in Basarke Gillan in Amritsar. He died on 1 Sep 1574.
4. Guru Ram Das – Guru from 1574 to 1581
5. Guru Arjan Dev – Guru from 1581 to 1606
6. Guru Har Gobind – – Guru from 1606 to 1644
7. Guru Har Rai – Guru from 1644 to 1661
8. Guru Har Krishan – Guru from 1661 to 1664
9. Guru Tegh Bahadur – Guru from 1665 to 1675
10. Guru Gobind Singh – Guru from 1675 to 1708
Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth and final guru of Sikhs was the son of Guru Tegh Bahadur. He was born as Gobind Rai Sodhi in Patna, Bihar on 22nd December, 1666. He became the Guru on 11th November, 1675 at the age of 9 after the martyrdom of his father.